Monday 13 March 2017

JivaVrksa: 100% Natural brand for your skin and hair

Hi All, 
Beauty for me means healthy and glowing skin and I had been using several home made recipes which my grandma and mummy introduced to me for healthy hair and skin. My mum was particular about washing my hairs with Amla, Aritha and Shikakai powder for which she used to take pains of preparing the powder at home, boiling and washing my long and dense hairs. For my skin, she always had some made dry powders ready for washing my face and those special sesame seed ubtans or dry fruit ubtans for special occasions. 
But now a little of my hectic schedule and more of my laziness dragged me to those chemical laden options. Recently I am trying to explore natural and organic formulations and luckily come across one of real good ones. 

JivaVrksa: 100% Natural brand for your skin and hair

It is JivaVrksa- Chennai based brand with all natural personal care products, focused on skin & hair care. 
" Being natural is at the core to continue being who we are" - this explains very objective behind the brand. 
The brand has all handmade products free of chemicals, artificial dyes, colors or even fragrances.; combination of traditional recipes retaining the freshness of original ingredients. Again they made sure to keep them environment friendly by staying away from animal testing and giving a sustainable paper packaging. Find more about them on www.JivaVrksa.in
Lets see what I got from JivaVrksa and what are my first Impressions about them- 

1. Face Wash
2. Face Pack
3. Body Wash
4. Hair Wash
The products were under single brand name without any separate name for each product. All these were in powder form packed in a double brown paper packing and along with this an additional pretty handmade notepad from the brand. The whole package was delivered in a carton box with a handwritten letter from the owner, Deepa Packiyanath. She was sweet enough to call me back to introduce the products. 

JivaVrksa: 100% Natural brand for your skin and hair

JivaVrksa: 100% Natural brand for your skin and hair

JivaVrksa: 100% Natural brand for your skin and hair

JivaVrksa: 100% Natural brand for your skin and hair

JivaVrksa: 100% Natural brand for your skin and hair

JivaVrksa: 100% Natural brand for your skin and hair

1. JivaVrksa face wash (100 INR for 75 gms)- This is a powder face wash. Chickpea, Fullers' earth and Sandalwood as major base ingredients and other contents like rose petals, liquorice, aloe vera, Avaram Senna flower, Neem and orange peel and earthy smell ensured its organic formulation. Add any medium from water to floral waters or anything of your choice. I tried this initially with water and then with other juices and every time I got clean skin without leaving it dry and dehydrated. 
2. JivaVrksa face pack (150 INR for 75 gms)- Again the same earthy smell but more of rose and sandal wood when mixed with water. its finely grounded and gives a smooth paste for application. Brand claims to clean skin, improve smoothness and glow along with acne prevention but I need time to give my view. 
3. JivaVrksa Body Wash (80 INR for 75 gms)- Again a earthy smelling, well grounded powder with green gram, Indian sarsaparilla (anantmul- indian herb known for its blood purification and acne prevention properties), Vetiver as major ingredients are meant for proper body cleansing and preventing skin infections. Just add a small amount in water and apply a runny paste all over the body. So far of last one week usage, it seems a good body cleanser but people with dry skin like me would need body lotion on top as green gram powder has drying properties too. 
4. JivaVrksa hair wash (80 INR for 75 gms)- Now this was a pleasant surprise, I was not expecting a powder hair wash to work well for my dry frizzy hairs that too in first wash!
I applied the powder mixing in water on hairs (without any oil) and started with scalp and then my hair strands. My scalp and hair were not only clean but Soft, tangle free, frizz was also far lesser and even no powder residue on my hair too. Highly Impressed and would post a detailed review after few more washes. 
Moreover these are freshly prepared formulations; usually made in small batches with a shelf life of 12 months. Also they are not heavy on your pocket- I mean 75 gms of powder which would easily go for a month in the price range of 80-150, super affordable. Effortless skin care, What else one can ask for? except a little precaution- just keep the powders away from moisture. 
JivaVrksa is beyond doubt a great way to explore a chemical free healthy skin and hair care regime. Like me, if you also love natural and organic formulations then JivaVrksa is surely not to be missed. You can find JivaVrksa products on Amazon here. Highly Recommended!

*product sent across in exchange of my honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recommendations by Engageya