Monday 13 February 2017

Essence Long lasting Lipstick in Wear Berries (09)- Review, Swatches and LOTD

Hi Girls, 

I am an eye makeup person who loves highlighting eyes and prefer nude or light colored lips to go along. My Vanity has almost nude or subtle shades but recently one of my bestie gifted me a pink lipstick saying that pink would suit me. Since then I got little attracted to pinks and during last Nykaa sale, I got few pink lipsticks from different brands. 
Today i will be sharing review of one of those lipsticks- it is Essence Long Lasting Lipstick in the shade 09- Wear Berries. 
Price- 299 for 3.8 gms ($2.99 as on company website). 
Essence is one of the leading cosmetic brand from Europe known for its color, quality and super affordable price with a fun element and style. They have wide variety of cosmetics for lips, eyes, Face, nails with tools and accessories too. Essence not only focuses on Quality but  ensures being environment friendly by not testing its products on animals. 

Essence Long lasting Lipstick in Wear Berries (09)- Review, Swatches and LOTD

Essence Long Lasting Lipstick, as the name says, intends to provide long lasting colour along with hydration. Its available in wide range of shades from dark and brights to sultry nudes. 
The Essence Long Lasting Lipstick comes in an attractive matte finish black bullet case
You can detect the shade by the mid rim on the bullet case which matches the shade and the shade colour mentioned at the bottom. The bullet has push lock mechanism to safeguard the lipstick which makes it safe to carry in your bag. As you open the bullet, you can see the trademark engraved on the cream stick. Packaging is chic and attractive.

Essence Long lasting Lipstick in Wear Berries (09)- Review, Swatches and LOTD

Wear berries is a cool blue/purple toned pink and the shade would look pretty on normal to fair skin tones. The colour is great office wear as its not flamboyant or too bright to pop out. This is an all seasons wear and cannot be restricted to a particular attire.
While the pigmentation, when applied gives a proper colour in 2 swipes and covers my slightly pigmented lips quite well. Texture wise-its quite smooth, creamy and hydrating but it is advised to buff your lips well prior application for a smoother finish while a layer of lip balm enhances the smoother finish. The lipstick as soon as applied settles to soft matte finish and stays for 6+ hours on my lips but could survive a light meal after which it needs reapplication. I have not noticed this settling between my lip lines neither this bleeds and transfers. 
I have extremely dry lips which hates drying matte lipsticks and this keeps me away from matte lipsticks and hook on to hydrating formula. The Essence Long lasting lipstick surely  is the one which has a good staying power without compromising the hydrating property.

Essence Long lasting Lipstick in Wear Berries (09)- Review, Swatches and LOTD

Essence Long lasting Lipstick in Wear Berries (09)- Review, Swatches and LOTD

Essence Long lasting Lipstick in Wear Berries (09)- Review, Swatches and LOTD

Today I wore this with my formal attire and this time I tried a different look- No base makeup only moisturiser and sunscreen, Just lakme Kohl and Lakme 9to5 liquid eyeliner and the Essence Lipstick with a hint of Faces pinked mauve blush on my cheek. 

Overall I am loving the Essence Lipstick for every aspect-the affordable price tag, pretty colour, amazing pigment, smooth texture and even the staying power which is good enough to count this among my current favourites. Highly Recommended!
My Rating- 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recommendations by Engageya