Sunday 3 April 2016

Calming Waters for this summer!

Hi Girls, 

Sundays mornings...official days to get lazy. The only 3 things which stays in mind on Saturday night is sleeping , sleeping and sleeping. In my fit of laziness somehow I managed to get up, pour water in my nostrils to unclog that irritating sinus infection & finish my Pranayam. It really works girls!

And by this time its was already too late. My cook was in the kitchen with one hand on her waist; posing like on red carpet but with a different question- Bhabhi what's the menu?
and Me, looking at dear hubby; giving the same old gesture- Tell Me! What do you want to have? and again as usual, The doting hubby replied- Anything dear, whatever you like. 
but before I could utter a word, the cook warned me- Don't expect anything special bhabhi, refrigerator is all empty. 
Forced to move out for purchasing groceries, pushed my dear husband. Why to move alone even in sabji bazaar when the loving husband is there and any ways I hate driving. I have officially got a Driver :-). 
Oh God! I got myself cooked......didn't had patience to bargain and grabbed whatever I could at the said price.
Temperature is soaring high and one just cant say that May has not even approached.
So cutting the long story short, how I saved my  'roasted' self?
Today is all about my summer saviours- those calming waters, But what are they?
You can call them mists, floral waters or toner, for me they are calming waters. 

Flower Water, toner, Thermal Spring water

1. La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water- (INR 450-500)
Have heard lot about Thermal Waters, was confused whether I should go for Vichy or La Roche-Posay? You can see I settled for La-Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water. 
This was something different & unique from all what I have tried so far. 
Company claims this to be a soothing, softening thermal spring water which is rich in selenium- powerful antioxidant. Mineral rich micro-droplets in mist form instantly soothes and refreshes. 
This is mist which comes packed in a spray can with white & blue accents. Packaging is quite simple and sturdy; travel safe. 
I have been using this since last few months. The water has no colour, fragrance or anything. You will feel like spraying normal water on your face. Its surely soothes and refreshes at an instant. But recently when I had severe break-outs and even some allergies, I tried this to soothe redness and calm down the burning sensation. But to tell you the fact, it did nothing. I even have few open pores which remained as it is.
So for me, it worked as refreshing mist; perfect for summers.
Although it was chemical free but then I felt that there are better options which are better priced too.
La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water Review

2. Oriflame Refreshing Rose Water- (INR 100~150)
This is one such bottle which I immensely loved. It has mild rose fragrance. Soothes and calms and refreshes with that pure rose fragrance. I even use it as hair spray many times and it relieves me of that sweat and revives my curls
This is one such mist which is not fully organic though but a must have.
Oriflame Refreshing Rose Water review

3. Moha Rose Mist- (INR 158)
This is again a nice mist which I got in Moha Big Box. it is not only soothing and refreshing but has little nourishing property due to Aloe as one of the ingredients. It is a good for setting makeup and impart that dewy finish.But refrain from using on hairs as it may give little stickyness.
The only disappointing factor is that it starts smelling of drug along with rose after some time which is annoying for me. Otherwise this is also one of the good budget options.
Moha Rose Mist review

4. The Nature's Co Rose Hydrating Facial Mist (INR 425)
I got a sample in the Natures Co Beauty Wish Box and since then I am loving this. This is fully organic with the same Rose fragrance. Keep the spray vial in your bag and believe  me nothing works better than a hydrating mist. But it burns if gets in to your eyes so beware. 
(sorry I do not have fresh bottle for the picture)

5. Oriflame Optimals White Purifying toner (INR 549)
This is a toner not a mist but I have included this is my 'calming waters' list because it not only cleans, tones but soothes skin irritation. This is perfect for Oily to combination skin.
Just dab a little on cotton and wipe off your face- your face is clean and skin revived. 
I keep a small spray bottle filled with this or Himalaya toner when I am out of home. This is a must-try.
Oriflame Optimals White Toner for Oily SKin Review

6. DIY Floral Waters (Rose, Jasmine, Mogra)(would cost less than INR 500 per 200 ml)
Last but not least, my most reliable source of calming waters. Just get pure Hydrosols (pure flower ditillates) with your favourite fragrances and add a little to distilled water and fill a 200 ml spray water. They are not only organic, pure but the BEST option to hydrate, soothe and calm your skin, hair and body too. Nothing better than this. I dread the day when I will be out of these hydrosols.

So girls this is list not complete but these are my current favourites.I am planning to try some other waters like rose water from Kama Ayurveda, Forest Essentials and Oilcraft Naturals and have even heard about few new launches from other organic brands probably which I will try and share with you all very soon.

Hope you all liked the post but I would like to know your favourites, something which are your summer saviours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recommendations by Engageya